At Buddina State School we are committed to providing a supportive school environment that extends the educational opportunities and outcomes for all students.
We are committed to ensuring that:
- learning and teaching reflects the principles of equity, effectiveness, responsiveness, participation and accountability
- behaviour of all school members is socially responsible
- we continuously reflect on our educational practices and work towards improving services within the school
- students are guided towards self-management.
All members of our school community have the right to:
- feel safe and valued
- be treated with respect and dignity
- learn in a supportive environment
- understand expectations and consequences of behaviours.
Our beliefs are based on the four values of:
- caring for yourself
- caring for others
- caring for your school
- caring for your learning.
In encouraging students to take responsibility for their own behaviours, three layers of support are provided:
- whole school behaviour support
- targeted behaviour support
- intensive behaviour support.
These layers of support form the basis for Buddina’s school wide positive behaviour support processes.