At Buddina State School we are committed to providing a supportive school environment that maximises the educational opportunities and outcomes for all students.
We are committed to ensuring that:
- learning and teaching reflects the principles of equity, effectiveness, responsiveness, participation and accountability.
- behaviour of all school members is socially responsible
- we continuously reflect on our educational practices and work towards improving services within the school
students are guided towards self management
All members of our school community have the right to:
- feel safe and valued
- be treated with the respect and dignity
- learn in a supportive environment
- understand expectations and consequences of behaviours
Our beliefs are based on the four values of:
- Caring for yourself
- Caring for others
- Caring for your school
- Caring for your learning
In encouraging students to take increasing responsibility for their own behaviours three layers of support are provided; Whole School Behaviour Support, Targeted Behaviour Support and Intensive Behaviour Support. These layers of support form the basis for Buddina’s School Wide Positive Behaviour Support processes.