Our Prep teachers and teacher aides support the children in transitioning them from Prep to Year 1. There is a strong focus on guiding the children on the path to life long learning.
Children will need to be five by 30 June in the year that they enrol in Prep. Check the ready reckoner to determine if your child is eligible for next year.
Our Prep classes will provide the foundation children need to succeed at school by developing:
- a positive approach to learning with confidence and independance
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- early language, literacy and numeracy development
- gross and fine motor skills.
Whilst at Prep children will be engaged in:
- initiating and participating in dramatic play to build an understanding of the world around them
- actively making choices about what and how they learn
- investigating and learning how to find out about their interests
- using blocks and manipulative equipment and creating collages to develop early mathematical concepts and skills
- writing stories, drawing and painting to encourage oral language and reading and writing skills.
Prep children participate in specialist lessons in music and physical education. Children also have weekly visits to the library.